Dr. Nabil Ragaei Kamel
Dr. Nabil Ragaei Kamel
With extensive professional experience, Dr. Nabil Ragaei Kamel has worked in Spain since 1998 as an ophthalmological doctor and surgeon. He has been Head of Ophthalmology at prestigious hospitals. He has extensive surgical experience in cataract, glaucoma, strabismus and retinal detachment surgeries. He is an expert in using PRK Excimer Laser and LASIK and INTRALASE techniques, about which he has spoken at many conferences. He was one of the first ophthalmologists in Spain to implant Toric Multifocal Contact Lenses.
- January 2012 - present. Head of Ophthalmology at Quirónsalud Marbella Hospital, Malaga, Spain.
- January 2005 - present. Head of Ophthalmology at Quirónsalud San José Hospital, Madrid, Spain.
- March 2007 - 2012. Specialist in Ophthalmology at La Beata María Ana Hospital, Madrid, Spain.
- May 1998 - May 2000. Clinical Fellowship at Alcorcón Hospital Foundation, Madrid, Spain.
- Oct. 1995 - Oct. 1998. Clinical Fellowship at Ramón Castroviejo Institute of Ophthalmological Research, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain.
- Aug. 1994 - Oct. 1995. Ophthalmologist at the Ministry of Petroleum Hospital, Cairo, Egypt.
- Dec. 1993 - Oct. 1995. Associate (Associate Professor) at the Institute of Ophthalmological Research, University of Cairo, Cairo, Egypt.
- Jun. 1992 - Oct. 1995. Resident Ophthalmologist at the Institute of Ophthalmological Research, University of Cairo, Cairo, Egypt.
- Aug. 1992 - Oct. 1995. Ophthalmologist at El Zara´aine Hospital, Cairo, Egypt.
- Jan. 1992 - Jun. 1992. Resident Ophthalmologist at Kasr Alainy Faculty of Medicine, University of Cairo, Cairo, Egypt.
- Jun. 1989 - Dec. 1991. Resident Ophthalmologist at the Institute of Ophthalmological Research, University of Cairo, Cairo, Egypt.
- Mar. 1988 - Mar. 1989. Resident Member (first year of residency) at the University Hospital of Cairo, Cairo, Egypt.
- Egyptian Society of Ophthalmology.
- Spanish Society of Ophthalmology. SEO
- International Society of Refractive Surgery. ISRS.
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. ESCRS.
- Spanish Society of Implant and Refractive Surgery. SECOIR.
- Special "Dr. Abdel El Rehim Fouad" Award for achieving first place in his year in his Ophthalmology Master’s Degree.
- Certificate of Appreciation for distinguished participation in the Sixth International Congress for Refractive and Anterior Segment Surgery, Cairo, Egypt, January 2012.
- Supervision of the daily work of resident ophthalmologists at the university hospitals of Cairo between June 1992 and October 1995.
- Active participation as a member of the team of ophthalmologists in the ‘Campaign for the Prevention of Blindness in Spain’, organised by the National Organisation of the Blind in Spain (ONCE), between the 1st and 12th July 1996.
- Professor of ‘Introduction to Ophthalmology’ courses, which run each year and are aimed at all junior ophthalmology residents in Spain, organised by the Department of Ophthalmology at the Complutense University of Madrid, Spain (30th January to 23rd February in 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001).
- Associate Professor at the European University of Madrid (2014).
- Over 13 publications and participation in over 60 national and international presentations and conferences.