Dr. Josep Brugada
Dr. Josep Brugada
A leading expert in cardiac arrhythmia and sports cardiology, Dr. Brugada Terradellas has over 20 years’ experience as a Medical Director of Cardiology. He has written many national and international scientific publications and his contributions to the research field include profiling a syndrome that causes sudden death (Brugada Syndrome). Furthermore, Dr. Brugada has been awarded for his professional excellence on many occasions and is a member of the main medical societies of his speciality.
- Head of the Arrhythmia Unit, El Pilar Clinic and Teknon Medical Centre.
- Medical Director of Barcelona Hospital Clinic.
- Head of the Arrhythmia Section at Sant Joan de Déu Paediatric Hospital.
- Head of the Arrhythmia Unit at St. Jordi Cardiovascular Institute.
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery with Cum Laude qualification from the University of Barcelona.
- President of the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) between 2006 and 2008.
- Member of the Executive Committee, European Society of Cardiology, 2008-2009.
- Member of the International Advisory Board of the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology (NASPE), 1998-2002.
- Professor of the Department of Medicine at the University of Barcelona (2009-present).
- Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Barcelona (1997-2008).
- Professor of Psychology at the University of Limburg, Netherlands (1990-1991).
486 publications in journals with an impact factor, total impact factor: 1,824; citations: 20,903; H-index: 68.
- Right Bundle Branch Block, persistent ST segment elevation in V1-V3 and sudden death. A new clinical syndrome. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 1992, over 3,000 citations in literature.
- Genetic basis and molecular mechanisms for idiopathic ventricular fibrillation. NATURE 1998, over 1,500 citations in literature.
- Bordeaux Hospital, France, 1999-2000.
- Limburg University Hospital, Maastricht, Netherlands, 1987-1991.
- Saint Eloi University Hospital, Montpelier, France, 1983-1987.