Dr. Albert Isidro Llorens
Dr. Albert Isidro Llorens
Dr. Isidro is a renowned specialist in orthopedic surgery and traumatology with more than 25 years of experience in the profession and with extensive training in bone and soft tissue tumors of the musculoskeletal system, and anthropological studies in Spain, Switzerland, the Republic of South Africa, and the United Kingdom. He has accomplished an important research work and has participated in 7 research projects and registered an international patent on prosthetic material, which is being commercially exploited by the company Aston Medical Developments.
He is Head of the Locomotor System Tumors Unit (UTAL) at Sagrat Cor University Hospital.
Furthermore, Doctor Isidro is recognized for his teaching activities, being currently an associate professor at the University of Barcelona (full accreditation by AQU), and Head of Studies at FSE. He is also the teaching director of undergraduate students at Sagrat Cor University Hospital in Barcelona.
Tumor Prosthetic Surgery, Shoulder
- Ablative tumor surgery
- Reconstructive tumor surgery
- Tumor prosthetic surgery
- Hip pathology
- Knee pathology
- Ankle and foot pathology
- Shoulder pathology
- Pathology of the elbow
- Head of the Bone and Soft Tumors Unit, Sagrat Cor University Hospital
- Senior consultant in the specialty of orthopedic surgery and traumatology at Sagrat Cor University Hospital
- Head of Studies and Director of Teaching (through public competition) at Sagrat Cor University Hospital
- Coordinator of the optional subjects of Arthroscopic Surgery and Paleopathology, at the University of Barcelona since 2014
- Clinical Associate Professor (Autonomous University of Barcelona, Sagrat Cor University Hospital)
- Tutor of Residents of the specialty of orthopedic surgery and traumatology at Sagrat Cor University Hospital (2013-2020)
- Collaborating professor of the medical degree at the University of Barcelona (AQU accreditation)
- Coordination of the Internal Medicine Residency Program (MIR students), Family and Community Medicine (1993-2013)
- Doctor (1994) – Cum Laude
- President of the Catalan Society of Paleopathology
- Bone and soft tissue tumors: early diagnosis; special radiology and surgical treatment.
- The evolution of cancer from ancient remains: Research Project (Ancient Near-Eastern Cancer Spanish Project)
- 8 research projects on soft tissue tumors, bone tumors, paleopathology, ancient remains and evolving diseases (FEDER, INTERREG, etc.).
- Dr. Isidro, together with a team of international doctors, registered a patent on prosthetic medical material, which is being commercially exploited by the company Aston Medical Developments.
- Author of 120 publications, 50 of which are JCR.
- Organizer of 11 congresses and has held the presidency of 2 national congresses.
- President of 22 round tables, guest speaker at 30 international and national forums.
- More than 140 presentations made at international and national conferences.
- Author of 3 books and 11 chapters
- 9 prizes
- Associate Professor of orthopedic surgery and traumatology (University of Barcelona)
- Accredited tutor for the training of resident doctors – MIR in the specialty of orthopedic surgery and traumatology
- Mentor of 4 doctoral and 9 master theses
- 9 times named member of the doctoral thesis committee.
- Has taught more than 8 postgraduate teaching courses
- More than 125 classes taught for master's, doctorate, and degree students
- International stays and fellowships in Spain, Switzerland, the Republic of South Africa and the United Kingdom for medicine and anthropology studies.
- Collaboration with the NED Foundation (Neurosurgery, Education and Development) to send medical supplies and hospital furniture to Zanzibar (2021).
- Knowledge of Italian
- Knowledge of German