Dr. Manuel de la Torre
Dr. Manuel de la Torre
Dr. de la Torre Gutiérrez specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of spinal problems and cranioencephalic conditions. His team of professionals is at the cutting edge of neurosurgery, the only team in Europe with two O-Arm intraoperative imaging devices capable of simultaneous operation.
In 2013, Dr. de la Torre led the medical team which operated on King Don Juan Carlos of Spain to treat his slipped disc.
- Director of the Multidisciplinary Neurosurgery Unit specialising in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Spine conditions at the Ruber Juan Bravo Hospital Complex.
- Chief of Health of the General Reserve Corps Association (Madrid).
- Spanish Royal Guard Medical Service; Household of HM the King (Madrid).
- Head of Neurosurgery at the Gabinete de Neurociencias.
- Head of Neurosurgery at Gómez-Ulla University Military Hospital (Madrid).
- Head of Neurosurgery at La Milagrosa Clinic in Madrid.
- Head of Neurosurgery at Beata Mª Ana de Jesús Hospital in Madrid.
- Portuguese-Spanish Association of Neurosurgery. Member of the Spanish Chapter of the Portuguese-Spanish Association of Neurosurgery (SLEN, 1993).
- Member of the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS, 1992).
- Member of the Spanish Society of Spinal Percutaneous Approaches.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Pain (SED, 1996).
- Member of the Neurovascular Club, Member of the Neurosurgical Chapter. At the Extraordinary General Meeting held in Pamplona (October 1992), he was appointed GENERAL SECRETARY of the Board of Directors of the Neurovascular Club.
- Member of the Spanish Association of Neurosurgery (former SLEN, 1993).
- Member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), 1996, no. 146,955.
- International Member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, 19th April 2001.
- Member number 672 of the Spanish Society of Pain since 1st December 2010.
- Professor of Medicine for postgraduates and preparation for competitive examinations for ICAP (Military Preparation Catholic Institute, Fernando III el Santo Foundation), teaching surgery and surgical specialities.
- Professor of Medicine for postgraduates and preparation for competitive examinations for ADRA Academy, teaching surgery and surgical specialities.
- Supervising Professor of Neurosurgery to train resident neurosurgeons (5) of the Neurosurgery Service at Gómez – Ulla University Hospital, a service with teaching accreditation for the training of specialists in neurosurgery by the National Commission of Medical Specialities and the Committee of Teaching Accreditation of the Spanish Association of Neurosurgery.
- Clinical trial: "A randomised double-blind placebo-controlled pilot study of the effects of CDP Choline on subjective post-traumatic stress syndrome, a neurophysiological and neuropsychological assessment". Protocol no. 96 / 254 of the Ministry of Health and Consumption.