Dr. Juan Luján
Dr. Juan Luján
Head of Surgery at Quirónsalud Murcia Hospital
Dr. Juan Luján Mompeán received his training at hospital centres of excellence in Paris, London and Strasbourg. He has over 30 years’ experience in the speciality of General and Digestive System Surgery. For years, he has taught as a university professor and has published several scientific articles in the best national and international medical and surgical journals and has spoken and moderated at many conferences.
- Head of Surgery at Quirónsalud Murcia Hospital
- Head of Surgery, Virgen de la Arrixaca University Hospital in Murcia (1995-present).
- Specialist in General and Digestive System Surgery at Morales Meseguer University Hospital (1994-1995).
- Specialist in General and Digestive System Surgery at Rafael Méndez de Lorca Hospital (1993-1999).
- Specialist in General and Digestive System Surgery at Virgen de la Arrixaca University Hospital (1991-1993).
- Team Member of the Liver Transplant Unit at Virgen de la Arrixaca University Hospital in Murcia until 2013.
- Member of the panel of experts for the prevention of colon and rectal cancer for the Department of Health of the Murcia region.
Research and teaching
- He has written and co-written many scientific articles that have been published in national and international journals of high impact factor, and has given over 400 presentations to national and international conferences, as well as participated in many round tables about his areas of interest.
- He has written different book chapters on laparoscopic surgery, coloproctology and obesity surgery, as the director of various doctoral theses and degree dissertations, all of which have qualified with Apto Cum Laude.
- Associate Professor at the Department of Surgery, Paediatrics, and Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Murcia (Teaching Unit of Clinical and Surgical Diseases).
- Full Accredited Professor at the University of Health Sciences since 2009.
Languages for clinical practice