Dr. José Maria Urmeneta
Dr. José Maria Urmeneta
Urologist specialized in the field of urinary lithiasis in diagnosis, prevention and treatment, working continuously since 1985 in Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL) and Endourology (semi-rigid and flexible intrarenal ureterorenoscopy) units.
He leads the Lithiasis Unit at Sagrat Cor University Hospital since 2007, in which he performs approximately 250 urological surgeries per year.
- More than 40 years of experience
- Dr. Urmeneta performs 250 urological surgeries per year at Sagrat Cor University Hospital
- Head of the Lithiasis Unit, Sagrat Cor University Hospital since 2007
- Head of the Extracorporeal Lithotripsy Unit, CELIT, Barcelona
- More than 35 years of experience in the field of urinary lithiasis working at the Navarra University Clinic, Dexeus University Hospital, Sagrada Familia Clinic, and as director of the Extracorporeal Lithotripsy Unit at Nuestra Señora de Lourdes Hospital in Barcelona.
- Graduated from the Faculty of Medicine of the Autonomous University of Barcelona (Vall d'Hebrón Teaching Unit), 1972-78
- Resident Physician in Urology at the University Clinic of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Navarra (1979-82)
- Approved, in the first call, the medical part of the exam convened by the "Educational commission for foreign medical graduates" (ECFMG) of the United States of America (1982).
- Reading and presentation of the undergraduate thesis "Endoscopic treatment of superficial bladder neoplasms", directed by Dr. J.Mª. Berián, director of the Urology Department of the University Clinic of Navarra. Obtained the qualification of cum laude (1983).
- Spanish Urological Association (EAUN)
- Catalan Association of Urologists of counties (ACUC)
- Catalan Association of Bioethical studies (ACEB)
- International society for the study of the aging male (ISSAM)
- 21 publications in international and national journals
- 31 communications in conferences
- Attendance and participation in multiple international and national congresses
- Investigator in the clinical trial called "Prospective, parallel, controlled, double-blind, randomized, multinational study to assess the efficacy and safety of BAY 12-8039 versus ofloxacin in the treatment of complicated urinary tract infections (BAY 12-8039 /0121
- Dr. Urmeneta has delivered multiple courses on tumours of the genitourinary system as a collaborating professor at the University of Navarra.