Dr. Aamer Malik
Dr. Aamer Malik
Dr. Malik is a renowned specialist in Traumatology and Orthopedic Surgery. He has more than 15 years of experience in the profession and extensive training in prestigious international hospitals in the United States, Spain, and Kenya. Specifically, he is a great expert in adult reconstructive surgery, specialized in the primary and complex hip and knee revision surgery, both prosthetic and arthroscopic. He also excels in performing minimally invasive surgeries and in the treatment of anatomical deformities in patients with osteoarthritis. Throughout his career, he has combined his health care work with important research activity, being the author of multiple scientific articles and an active speaker at specialized conferences.
In addition, Dr. Malik is very involved in the cooperation on medical and surgical projects to improve healthcare, and collaborates with various solidarity projects in reconstructive surgery, for instance with the Operation Walk Foundation and the NED Foundation. His work is focused on providing patients with the most advanced techniques, based on scientific evidence, while offering a special sensitivity to the origin, culture, and language of the patient. He currently works in multiple reputable hospitals in the city of Barcelona, such as, Sagrat Cor University Hospital, Teknon Medical Center, and Catalonia Medical Center.
Dr. Malik has specialized in primary and complex revision of the hip and knee surgery, both prosthetic and arthroscopic. Also, in minimally invasive surgery and anatomical deformities in patients with osteoarthritis.
- Consultant specialist in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology at Sagrat Cor University Hospital and Teknon Medical Center, in Barcelona, Spain (since January 20210)
- Clinical head of the Hip Unit of Sagrat Cor University Hospital
- Specialist in Traumatology and Orthopedic Surgery at the Barcelona International Center for Orthopedic Surgery (BICOS)
- Part-time Consultant in Sports Injuries at the Catalan Football Federation (2009-2011).
- Clinical Fellow in Adult Orthopedic Reconstruction at the Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York (USA, 2008-2009)
- Consultant in the Department of Traumatology: Hospital del Mar Barcelona, Spain. (2007 - 2008)
- Researcher in Adult Orthopedic Reconstruction at the Dorr Arthritis Institute, Freeman Sentinel Regional Medical Center, Los Angeles, California (USA, 2005-2007)
- Consultant in the Department of Traumatology: Hospital San Pablo Barcelona, Spain. (2005)
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery: Autonomous University of Barcelona, 2016
- Medical specialization in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology at Vall de Hebron Hospital, Barcelona. Autonomous University of Barcelona. (2000-2005)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine of Barcelona (University of Navarra, 1999)
- AAOS (American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons).
- KOA (Kenyan Orthopedic Association)
- COSECSA (College of Surgeons of East, Central and South Africa) www.cosecsa.org
- SECOT (Spanish Orthopedic and Traumatology Society)
- SCCOT (Catalan Orthopedic and Traumatology Society)
- SECCA (Spanish Society of Hip Surgery)
- Operation Walk Foundation (NGO): Surgical campaigns in adult prosthetic surgery in Kenya, Tanzania, Vietnam, etc. www.operationwalk.org
- NED Foundation: Member of the foundation in the field of Orthopedic surgery, dedicated to the theoretical and surgical training of surgeons through Cosecsa in Zanzibar. www.nedfundacion.org
- More than 30 international presentations in the US, Canada, Kenya, Mexico, Tanzania, Vietnam, Zanzibar, etc.
- Has made more than 20 presentations at national conferences.
- Author of 16 publications and 5 book chapters.
- Extensive Clinical Research in the field of arthroplasty with two fellowships in the US and multiple publications indexed at PubMed.
- Teacher at Sagrat Cor University Hospital with students of medicine, physiotherapy and doctors who are pursuing their specialization in the field of family medicine and orthopedic surgery.
- 2019 - International Award: Travelling Fellowship, Mayo Clinic Miguel Cabanela-SECOT (Spanish Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology)
- 2019 – Travel Award, in Cooperation with the Neurosurgery Education and Development Foundation (Spanish Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology)
- 2004 - Overseas Travel Scholarship Award from SECOT to Vancouver General Hospital and Hospital for Special Surgery, New York (Spanish Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
Awarded Research Projects
- 2016 - SECOT Research Award. Study of the correlation of the anatomy with the position of the hip prosthesis implants.
- 2016 - Quirónsalud Group Research Award. Study of the hip morphology in hip prostheses.
- Research Fellowship at Dorr Arthritis Institute, Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center, Los Angeles, California (EEUU, 2005-2007).
- Clinical Fellowship, Adult Arthroplasty and Reconstructive Surgery Department, at the Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York (EEUU, 2008-2009).
- Operation Walk Foundation: Surgical N.P.O. in Adult Reconstructive Surgery and Joint Replacement. The Dr. Has participated in 3 missions in Vietnam (2010) and Tanzania (April and December 2014).
- Neurosurgery Education and Development (NED) Foundation: Member of the Orthopedic Surgery Education and Training Program in Zanzibar.
- Participated in surgical missions, the last being in July and August 2021 (Zanzibar).
- Pakistani (Urdu and Punjabi)
- Knowledge of Arabic