Dr. José Javier Bara Casaus
Dr. José Javier Bara Casaus
With international professional training in Spain, Germany, the United Kingdom, China and Chile, Dr. Bara is a renowned specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with more than 30 years of experience and extensive expertise in different fields of the specialty.
Dr. Bara obtained the European Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2006, and is member of various medical societies, as well as an associate of the clinical research ethics committee (CEIC) and coordinator of the Campaign for the Prevention and Early Diagnosis of Oral Cancer (COEC).
During his professional career, he has combined his healthcare work with teaching activities. Dr. Bara is Co-Director of the expert course in Temporomandibular Joint Disorders and Orofacial Pain at the University of Barcelona, and director of several postgraduate courses at the Catalan Society of Dentistry and Ramon Llull University of Barcelona.
Currently, he is the Director of the Bara-Gaseni Maxillofacial Institute at Sagrat Cor University Hospital in Barcelona, where he offers his patients treatments with the latest technological advances, minimally invasive surgeries, and regenerative techniques.
- Director of the Maxillofacial Institute, Sagrat Cor University Hospital (Barcelona).
- Director of the Maxillofacial Surgery Service, Alto Aragón Polyclinic (Huesca)
- Member of the European Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Head of the maxillofacial surgery service at Sagrat Cor University Hospital (2007-2016)
- Doctor (PhD) from the International University of Catalonia
- Medical Specialist in Maxillofacial Surgery and Dentist from the University of Barcelona
- Diploma in microsurgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (2004)
- Specialist in Maxillofacial Surgery at Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital in Badalona (1995)
- European Society of Maxillofacial Surgery (EACMFS)
- Spanish Society of Head and Neck Surgeons (SECYC)
- Spanish Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (SECOM-CYC)
- Catalan-Balearic Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Catalan-Balearic Society of Odontostomatology
- Member of ITI (International Team for Implantology)
- Official Association of Dentists and Stomatologists of Catalonia (COEC)
- Official College of Physicians of Barcelona
- Member of the clinical research ethics committee (CEIC) IDC Catalonia
- Former management member of the Catalan Balearic Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Vice President of the Catalan Society of Odontostomatology
- Coordinator in Catalonia’s region of the Prevention and Early Diagnosis of Oral Cancer Campaign (COEC)
- ITI Speaker
- He is co-author of Advanced Techniques in Minimally Invasive Maxillofacial Surgery, Dentistry and Plastic Surgery of the Face" (Editorial Atlantis, Madrid 2018). Dr. Javier Bara and Dr. Carles Martí.
- Diagnosis and Advanced Treatment Plan in Orthodontics. Volume 2 of the CSW (Custom-made Straight Wire) collection. Pablo Echarri Lobiondo; ATHENEA DENTAL INSTITUTE S.L. 2019; 568 pages ISBN-13 978-84-09-10519-9 Chapter 22. Diagnosis of Temporomandibular Joint Pathology.
- Treatment without extractions. Volume II: Expansion, disjunction and protrusion. Volume 6 of the CSW (Custom-made Straight Wire) collection. Pablo Echarri Lobiondo; ATHENEA DENTAL INSTITUTE S.L. 2021; 1071 pp., ISBN-13 978-84-09-29598-2 Chapter 18. Surgical Techniques for correction of the transverse maxillary deficiency Javier Bara Casaus, Adrià Jorba García and Marina Cámara Vallejo.
- Treatment of malocclusions in the vertical plane: open and deep bites and rotations of the occlusal plane. Volume 8 of the CSW (Custom-made Straight Wire) collection. Pablo Echarri Lobiondo; ATHENEA DENTAL INSTITUTE S.L. 2019; 793 pages ISBN-13: 978-84-09-17863-6 Chapter 18. Lip modification techniques associated with orthognathic surgery.
- Director of the Postgraduate Course in Medicine and Surgery of the Mouth SCOE & Ramon Llull University of Barcelona.
- Co-Director of the Comprehensive Implantology Postgraduate SCOE (Catalan Society of Odontostomatology).
- Co-Director of the University Expert Course on TMJ and Orofacial Pain at the University of Barcelona.
- Collaborating professor of the master's degree in Oral Surgery EFHRE International University.
- Collaborating professor of the master's degree in Dentistry at the University of Barcelona
- Medical trainings in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department at Canniesburn Hospital in Glasgow (United Kingdom); in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Service at Clínica Alemana Santiago de Chile (Chile); and Prof. Chi Yang's Temporomandibular Joint Disorders Unit at Nine People Hospital in Shanghai (People's Republic of China).
- AO Scholarship in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Service at Ludwig-Maximilian University Hospital in Munich (Germany)